The city of Paris decided to deploy brand new newsstand through the city in 2017. Those are a great overhaul of the existing XXth century style with q greater surface and new organization.
In addition, about 100 of them were equipped with a large touch screen where we run our ZEENS app.
Here is a monkey-test session for an early version of the app:
This version is based on the Android version of ZEENS modified to take into account the landscape layout of the screen.
In addition to streamline the in-store purchase process, we added to the press magazines a large collection of ticket show that the customer can buy right in the store.
This project was a partnership between many companies:
• ZEENS: for the overall softwares (client and server-side)
• FNAC/FranceBillets: for the ticket API;
• JCDecaux:: for its Android hardware;
• Mediakiosk: for the overall project supervision;
• City of Paris: for the project lead.